Please support the mission of Cross Country Alaska
Cross Country Alaska is a state-wide organization dedicated to creating and supporting a cross country skiing culture and environment in Alaska.
Here are some of the many things that CCAK does to promote cross-country skiing in Alaska:
- Organizing the Besh Cup race series, the premier cross country skiing competition series in Alaska. Each of the six races in the series draws up to 300 entries from all parts of the state.
- Selecting and coordinating the Alaska Teams for the Junior Olympic National Championships (JN), as well as the biennial Arctic Winter Games (AWG).
- Contributing to the annual Junior Nationals trip, in order to reduce the cost for our Team Alaska skiers.
- Supplying funding for Alaska skiers going to World Junior and the U18 trip by donating to the National Nordic Foundation (NNF)
- Providing the Alaska Ski Trail Reports forum for skiers around the state to share the latest trail conditions.
- Organizing training camps for developing skiers
- Organizing coaches clinics for Alaskan coaches
All of this takes money. CCAK receives almost all of its revenue from Besh Cup race entries. We make every effort to keep those entry fees as low as possible in order to encourage participation. Thus, the entry fees are barely sufficient to cover the costs of running those races. (See this article about where does my Besh Cup entry fee go?)
The vast majority of CCAK personnel are unpaid volunteers, many of whom not only volunteer their time, but also pay their own expenses for travel and training.
In order to carry out the vital parts of our mission, CCAK must rely on donations. CCAK is a 501c3 non-profit organization, so your donation is tax-deductible.
In 2016 you may select Cross Country Alaska as a recipient of a donation of your Permanent Fund Dividend via Pick.Click.Give. Please consider CCAK in your annual giving.
Additionally, you can participate in the Fred Meyer Community Rewards program by linking your Fred Meyer Rewards card to the Cross Country Alaska. Fred Meyer is donating $2.5 million per year to non-profits in Alaska, Idaho, Oregon and Washington. Click here, create a Fred Meyer online account, and use the CCAK organization number of 88571 to link your Fred Meyer Rewards card with CCAK’s donation fund. You still earn your Rewards Points, Fuel Points, and Rebates, just as you do today.
We encourage you to help promote cross-country skiing in Alaska by using the Donate link on this page to make a contribution today. Any amount helps! Thank you.